mixing prints

Photobucket


F21 tank, american rag shorts, target shoes, ae belt, F21 accesorries


For phistyle's birthday we all drove up to Austin to celebrate.

I love Austin, TX.  I mean I would choose Austin over Houston in a split second.  I love the city, the scenery, the buildings, the hills, the people, and the weather!  OH MY the weather.  It is like SO MUCH better than Houston.  I mean it's still hot but it's comes with a breeze and way less humidity.

I went to college in Austin and I remember being so relaxed there.  I never had to worry about who I wanted to be friends with and who I was supposed to be friends with.  I didn't have to worry about what I wore to class or who I was walking to class with.  Like you know, if I was hanging out with some white girls I wouldn't be labeled for being a twinkie.  I know, wtf right?

I remember during my first year in Austin, I was walking to class with a friend, who happened to be Hispanic, and I found myself anticipating what kind of looks we would receive from the people who saw us together.  And no one looked at us like we were crazy or something.  I was surprised but at the same time it was really refreshing.  Although I think at that time I sort of imagined those people giving me looks even though I know they didn't. haha.

So anyway, my point being, Austin to me is like social freedom.  Sometimes I wish I still lived there.  Maybe I'll move there someday. WHO KNOWS.

10 Responses to "mixing prints"

Miss Emma Kitty says
Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I love that Look ! You mixed the prints perfectly. Btw, I am doing a giveaway on my blog. I would love it if you would check it out : )

stilettolover91 says
Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cute outfit!!! I love the skirt!

http://hottheels.blogspot.com/

Kristy says
Tuesday, July 13, 2010

great shorts! I thought you're wearing a skirt :) When are you going to debut the Danys???? Can't wait :D

Hehehe, yeah, we have Stinky Tofu in Toronto.
I'm not sure where you can get them other than at Asian Night Market (which is held once a year).
It didn't taste that bad, but it wasn't my favorite :p
I guess it's an acquired taste? WHO KNOWS.


www.monochromachic.com

Call Us Mesdemoiselles says
Tuesday, July 13, 2010

you look great! love the mix of pattern! aww i never been to Austin but sounds like a really nice place to live in!

Mae Lu says
Wednesday, July 14, 2010

1. Mixing prints is perfect. You used micro patterns and used black as a unifying base.

Of course, not that YOU need any fashion advice!

2. I think I understand. It's so stupid. As international and diverse as San Diego is, when I was growing up, in Junior high (went to private school in HS), the Filipinos segregated themselves, the blacks, the latinos, the mixed kids, the Chinese (no Koreans at my school--I lived in a lower middle class neighbourhood, and Viets lived north)--all of them segregated themselves. If I liked Alternative music and chain necklaces, my Filipino friends accused me of trying to be "white." So stupid.

Stopped in high school, since my high school was 86 people and all mixed. When I got to college in Nor Cal, it was there again? It was really, really unsettling.

Where I am, no one thinks twice, because everyone's white, so anyone new is a novelty and "fascinating."

I had no idea Houston was so full of Asians with such a backwards way of thinking. That kind of mindset is just as close-minded and willfully ignorant as the non-Asian Americans who think all Asians are from somewhere else and are all Chinese.

Don't you think?

I've heard GREAT things about Austin.

XX.
Mae Lu, thereafterish.

Chelsea and Korina says
Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cute mixing of prints! The shorts and shoes are my favorites ;D

Kristy says
Thursday, July 15, 2010

LOL @ winning giveaways :)
Yes, I've been very lucky lately.
I still haven't used the GiltGroupe credit I got from your giveaway because I haven't found anything that I liked. It's expiring at the end of this year, so I better be hurry!!! :)

www.monochromachic.com

Daniela says
Thursday, July 15, 2010

cute shorts. i love the high shorts/belt look

Nina (Femme Rationale) says
Monday, July 19, 2010

great job pairing prints together! and i am dying to visit austin. Mister loves it there and keeps promising to take me. i'm gonna have to bug him about it more. ;)

princess V says
Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Love the floral skirt!

Vanessa