A+ thrifting

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

thrifted silk blouse, F21 shorts, vince camuto shoes


I've never been much of a good thrifter. Too many things, so overwhelming, not enough patience.

But I did go one recently and found this pretty blouse. 100% silk! SO GOOD.

Some news: A co-worker asked if I wanted to help her sell some stuff online so of course I agreed. Stay tuned for the debut of the new store!



13 Responses to "A+ thrifting"

Anonymous

I like your blog but after following you and PhiStyle I couldn't help but wonder if you ever feel dwarfed by your friend... her and her fiance seem to have such a huge and gorgeous home and i can imagine that if i were in your position, i probably would feel a little envious. her clothes are so expensive-looking!

christine ◘ tie me a bow says
Monday, April 05, 2010

lol, i agree thrift shopping can be overwhelming! but it's almost like winning a prize when you find something you've got to have!

that top you found is a great find! perfect for summer? i love the color! :)

and um, what's up with that anonymous comment?! :X

stilettolover91 says
Monday, April 05, 2010

You look fantastic!!! I love your outfit & your shoes!!!

http://www.hottheels.blogspot.com

phi-style says
Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Anonymous' comment is pretty unnecessary. How do they expect someone to respond to something like that?

My personal take on it - Now that we're in our late 20s, we're just starting to truly become independent and be "grown ups." Most of us are at different points in our lives - some still in school, some unemployed, some single, some married, some with children, some RENTING, some HOMEOWNERS. At this point, I'd say all that stuff doesn't really make a difference. Everything could be totally different in 5 years, 2 years, 1 year. Tu might decide to go back to school to get his MBA and we could be renting a 1 bedroom apt b/c we can no longer afford the mortgage on one salary. So to ask if you're envious of something like that? Sure, I'M personally envious of stuff my friends have that I don't have. But to also imply that you would feel "dwarfed" by it? That's something else totally. Owning a home doesn't make someone "better" than someone else.

And in regard to my "expensive-looking" clothes - thanks, but it's mostly from F21. Maybe because I own a house.

issa says
Tuesday, April 06, 2010

YAY! we haz same shorts.

and now i have indigestion from reading that first comment.

Tricia Dinh says
Tuesday, April 06, 2010

You hair looks great! I can never wear shorts. I always feel uncomfortable. I just stick to dresses.

anhesty says
Tuesday, April 06, 2010

dont you love hater comments? OMGee Anonymous! honey, you look great and your clothes are great too!

steph says
Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Um, I think Anonymous was totally out of line when writing that, AND it makes no sense. People have different lives, different lifestyles & different priorities. To feel envious of someone's success, especially when they're your friends, seems a bit trivial. Hopefully you weren't offended because obviously your true fanboys / fangirls love your style and would never think any like that. Also, maybe he/she just wanted attention & like the fact that we're all talking about the comment.

ANYWAYS. Good thrift find & I think you look amazing.

Lily says
Tuesday, April 06, 2010

LOL @ the anonymous comment. Some people have too much time on their hands. Soooooo pathetic!

Anyway, I like the color of that top. Looks gorgeous on you. To answer your question, I take all of my photos.

XOXO,
Lily

www.bleedforfashion.com

Marcella says
Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Amazing color, great find indeed!

Melissa Z. says
Wednesday, April 07, 2010

I've just discovered your blog and I love it so much!

If you want, check out my blog and leave a comment. Thanks a lot.

www.abitoffashion.com

anhesty says
Friday, April 09, 2010

i honored you for a blog award. come check it out!!!!!

Vanessa

I love the blouse, it looks great on you! :) Love and miss you! :)

To anonymous, get a life.