All About Lips

Lately I've been on this crazy lip thing where all my heart desires is to look at lip products.

i.e. lipstick, lipbalm, lipgloss, lip cream.

Also my lips have been super dry this winter and having taken up this habit of always wearing lipstick, I haven't really been putting on lipbalm 24/7 like I use to. Add on this outrageously cold Houston weather this year, my lips look like dried up prunes. YUCK.

So this weekend I thought I would try to put a stop to my dry lips and I remembered this one product that Chanel makes: Precision Ultra Correction Lip


Photobucket
I tested this about 2 years ago, and it made my lips super soft and smooth! It's a cream that you smooth onto your lips. It's a bit wet and greasy at first but then totally dries and leaves you lips exfoliated, soft and plump. But I decided not to fork out $65 for it at the time.
Well this weekend I was considering it, but because I'm so lucky, Chanel has decided to discontinue this product and replace it with, I can only assume, the same thing that comes with a $20 increase.

The new product is still in their Precision line but comes in a sleek black jar and is called Ultra Correction Lift one for the eyes and one for the lips:

Photobucket

Well I was only THIS close to getting it at $65 but for $85?? Not so much. I roamed around looking for an alternative. So I saw this: Clinique's All About Lips.



Photobucket

This does pretty much the same thing as the Chanel one, but it's not as thick so you really have to rub it into your lips. It's probably not as good either, but for 1/4 of the price, I could live with it.

When I was leaving I also saw this: Origins Lip Remedy.

Photobucket

I stopped to look at it but didn't actually test it. The consistency looks the same as both the Clinique and Chanel products, so its probably the same? Not sure. I also don't know the price since there was no one around for me to ask. If someone uses Origins one please fill me in!!

I do have to say that for me this product does not really moisturize, even though it makes your lips soft it's actually more of a dry softness as opposed to a lip balm that leaves a glossy film feeling. But it's a good exfoliator AND also works great as a lip primer! =)

** pssstt - follow me on Twitter. (I've had it for awhile, but just recently started to use it. =P )



10 Responses to "All About Lips"

tam pham says
Wednesday, February 17, 2010

i use a lip treatment from laura mercier. it was less than $30, but it's lasted me for over a year. it's two steps--an exfoliator and then a softening gel. AMAZING.

michelle says
Wednesday, February 17, 2010

i have yucky lips as well, and i live in canada so we have really cold bad winters. what i find to be helpful is to grind granulated sugar until it's somewhat fine yet somewhat chunky to be able to scuff off dead skin (ew). and then mix 2 parts sugar with 1 part olive oil. use it as a scuff. uhm that's what i suggest just for stand alone exfoliator. and then moisturize with vaseline.

i have no clue about primers though!

Nina (Femme Rationale) says
Wednesday, February 17, 2010

whoa $85 is CRAZY for a little jar of lip treatment.

♥ Christine says
Wednesday, February 17, 2010

$85 dollars?! haha. i've never been too crazy about taking care of my lips besides using regular lip balm. maybe i should look into this. i like the origins packaging. you should compare ingredients!

thanks for sharing this btw! :)

Lisa Lisa Lisa says
Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Something I do is save my toothbrushes as I replace them. With my old ones, I put vaseline on my lips then massage with the toothbrush bristles. This is a GREAT exfoliator and is a great way to sustainable! Follow up with vaseline or your favorite lip balm/treatment and there you go.

Maeko @ thereafterish. says
Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sheesh. I will never ever shell out that much that I can get the same results from with a good skin exfoliant and a nice nightly layer of Carmex lip balm. I sometimes just slather on Carmex AND chapstick and then rub off the chap in the morning with a damp wash cloth. It works.

If you're looking for an inexpensive option, I'd recommend Avon's lip treatment with exfoliator. It's like $15. Wayyyyyyyyy more intuitive than Chanel.

I wouldn't even shell out for those department store brands. Seriously. Neutrogena and Carmex and Burts Bees are the best lip treatments out there. And they're all under $3.

And Lisa Lisa Lisa definitely has the green way to go. Sustainable. Use less packaging!

Raez says
Thursday, February 18, 2010

steep prices! i think i can do with plain old chapstick, but then again, i'm not that picky;)

xx raez

glitteryeyesxx says
Saturday, February 20, 2010

You should DEFINITELY check out Korres Lip Butter (in Jasmine). I LOOOOOVE THAT SH*T!!! It's only $10 at your Sephora and it's sooooo moisturizing. I have really bad chapped lips in the winter, too, but just using this overnight it makes my lips smooth as buttah! (You can use this underneath your lipsticks too, it makes the application far more creamy in consistency). HTH! =)

steph says
Sunday, February 21, 2010

hey! i'm back to bloggin' & wanted to say hi! thanks for the lip-tips, i'm definitely obsessed, so thanks for the head's up! hope to keep in touch! xoxo, steph

MizzJ says
Tuesday, March 09, 2010

I've heard from multiple people that Vaseline and a toothbrush is the way to go! I always just slick on a layer of lip balm before going to bed and that seems to do me all right. Shelling out a ton for lip treatment is outraegeous!