Side Swept

IMG_1694

IMG_1703

IMG_1700
F21 tunic, random skirt, Colin Stuart heels, F21 necklace, AA bra

My bangs are getting long and it is just way too hot right now in Houston to maintain them. Maybe when it gets cooler I'll consider them again. But for now they're swept to the side.


For those Houstonians, have any of you heard of United Way? They're this non-profit organization that supposedly helps out the community during any kind of situation or disaster, such as Hurricane Ike. Well they came to the office during a staff meeting we have once a month to promote the organization in hopes to collect donations.

Yea you're thinking, OK COOL SO WHAT?

So they passed out these donation pamphlets to everyone and asked everyone to please donate, even a dollar would be sufficient, blah blah blah. I looked at the pamphlet, and I DO consider donating, that is until my job informs us that we are all required to donate.

EXCUSE ME? REQUIRED?

I don't know about you guys but I don't really think that I should be FORCED to donate my own money right? RIGHT? Obviously my boss does not think so, but I still stood my ground in not giving up my money.
Well after the deadline for donations, our boss (owner of the bank) told all the managers of each department that every employee must donate and that he needs a list of all the people who don't.

WHAT?!! YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME RIGHT?

I really don't have anything against donating to organizations that help people, but I DO have a problem if I'm being told that I'm required to. I mean come on, what are you? communists?


Anyway, on a happier note. For those of you that read phi-style must have already voted for them right? RIGHT?? well if not, PLEASE DO! Tramanh and her fiance are contestants to win a free photo session!! Very exciting.
Read their story and PLEASE VOTE: STORY #1.


My dog says HI with crazy face.
IMG_1638

10 Responses to "Side Swept"

Suzanne says
Saturday, September 05, 2009

beautiful top and i really love your hair and make-up :)
xx

kimvee says
Sunday, September 06, 2009

I love the color of your tunic & your dog is soooo cute! hehehe :)

vanessa says
Sunday, September 06, 2009

wtf on the donation part!?! it's all about face with the bank.. so stupid. cute shirt btw.. i meant to tell you that night at genji, but i was too distracted by the remy in front of me. lol =P jk. -vanessa

Tiana Couture's Addict says
Monday, September 07, 2009

Beautiful (I've no other words!)

michelle says
Tuesday, September 08, 2009
This comment has been removed by the author.
michelle says
Tuesday, September 08, 2009

what will happen to you when he receives the list and finds out that you (or anybody else) didn't donate?

it'll be stupid if something actually did happen. i'm sure you can complain to corporate if he actually took some affirmative action towards that.

we wear things says
Wednesday, September 09, 2009

OMG last photo so kute!!

dapper kid says
Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ooh that tunic is so pretty, I love the embroidery! And yikes, forced charity is not really charity, how rubbish. Hope you're having a lovely day.

Farrah @ Stylecrumbs says
Monday, September 14, 2009

Your dog is super cute!!

And yeah... donation should never be forced!

Farrah
stylecrumbs.blogspot.com

WendyB says
Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Adorable pooch.